Scope of this Policy
- Lipstick Angels, Inc. (“Lipstick Angels,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- Lipstick Angels’ online properties, including our websites and websites that link to it, and our social media pages or handles.
- Lipstick Angels’ products and services (“Services”).
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to third-party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to the Services or be linked to from the Services. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do, then we will notify you by posting the updated version.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers so that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you give us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact information, including name, email address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information.
- Physical description information, such as your favorite shade of lipstick, skin tone, or eye color, if you receive Services from us.
- Payment information if you make a donation to us using our payment processor or order skin care or make-up products that are shipped to you by us.
- Information you provide when you schedule a virtual class or appointment with us.
- Content you may include in survey responses, such as product or Service questionnaires.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including recordings of Zoom or other calls (with your permission, where applicable).
- Testimonials or feedback you provide about our Services.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a volunteer position with us.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information we collect automatically
We and partners working on our behalf may use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect the following information from the device you use to interact with our Services. We also create records when you make purchases or otherwise interact with the Services.
- Device information, including IP address, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices.
Information Type Collected
Analytical information, device information, diagnostic information
Analytical information, device information, advertising information
Analytical information, device information, advertising information
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources.
- Contact information, demographic information, and information about you from referrals (such as a friend or relative who was interested in our Services on your behalf).
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
How We Use Your Information
We may use any of the information we collect for the following purposes.
- Provide our Services: To provide you with our products and Services, including to deliver our in-person and virtual beauty and skin care services, ship your beauty and skin care products, process your donations, administer surveys, and share information and resources about our organization.
- Service improvement: To improve and grow our Services, including to develop new services and partnerships and understand how our Services are being used, our volunteer, partner, and client base, and the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications and newsletters.
- Security: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Your Information
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
- Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Supporting Service functionality, such as vendors that support payment or donation processing, content management, client surveys, application development, postal mailings, and communications (email, fax).
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as volunteers sharing their beauty or self-care expertise, firms that perform analytics, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Marketing vendors, such as entities that support distribution of marketing emails.
- Health Care partners: We report to our health care partners, such as hospitals, the number of our clients who are being treated by that health care partner, the client’s gender, and the dates of Service for those clients. We do not disclose name or other information.
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this Policy.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Email Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, then please contact us. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
Ad Choices: You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
- The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you still may see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you.
If you delete your cookies, then you also may delete your opt-out preferences.
Do Not Track: Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. The information collection and disclosure practices and the choices that we provide to you will continue to operate as described in this Policy, whether a Do Not Track signal is received.
Special Information for Job or Volunteer Applicants
When you apply for a job or volunteer position with us, we may collect information from you, including:
- Information you provide in connection with your application.
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment or volunteer opportunities through a third-party service that displays our job or volunteer posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
Other Important Information
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Cross-border data transfer
We may collect, process, and store information about you in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Information about children
The Services are intended for users aged thirteen years and older. We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, then we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
Medical or Health Information
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law. When we are providing Services at the sites of our health care partners, we may be acting as a business associate or a workforce member of that partner, and we follow the privacy policies and procedures of, and the laws that apply to, the partner. When we are receiving information through our websites or as part of our remote Services, we are acting on our own behalf and are not subject to laws that may apply to health care providers, such as HIPAA.
Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
Your California Privacy Rights; “Shine the Light” Law
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Please contact us to obtain this information.
We do not share personal information about you with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
Please contact us if you have questions about this Policy.
Telephone: (310) 486-1021
Mail: PO Box 480366, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Join the Lipstick Angels for a wide selection of interactive and educational beauty and wellness classes. Click “REGISTER” under your desired class(es) to sign up today!