Do you love connecting with people—making a difference in their lives? If you are a professional makeup artist and/or hold an esthetician license and are interested in becoming a Lipstick Angel, we would love to meet you! When you volunteer with us, you will be helping a diverse group of individuals affected by cancer who will benefit from your time, skills, and beauty expertise.
● Must be 21 years of age or older.
● Must have minimum one year of experience as a professional makeup artist and/or hold an esthetician license.
● Commit to volunteering for at least one year. Hospital volunteers must volunteer at least twice a month (two three-hour shifts, weekdays only). Virtual volunteers must volunteer at least 6 hours per month (six one-hour shifts, weekdays only).
● All volunteers are required to complete Lipstick Angels’ training. Hospital Volunteers must also complete a separate hospital application process and any mandatory general orientation protocols.
● Hospital volunteers must complete necessary health requirements. Including a tuberculosis screening, flu shot, and Covid-19 vaccine on an annual basis to maintain an active status.
● Demonstrate a warm and empathetic personality.
● Possess strong communication skills.
● Be willing and able to relate to a diverse patient population without bias as to race, color, religion, sexual orientation and/or social status.
I'm grateful and humble by the relationships that I have made with patients and nurses. It brings me such joy to brighten someone's day. My perspective on life has dramatically changed as a Lipstick Angel.
The joy that illuminates patient's eyes when they see a Lipstick Angel is what I love the most about volunteering at the hospital. When there, I am reminded of what amazing work we do. I am very grateful and I couldn't have wished for a better organization to be a part of.